Baked Corn and Rice Casserole
- 1 Cup Long Grain White Rice
- 1 1/2 Cup Filtered Water
- 1/2 White Onion half moon and thin slices
- 1 Jalapeño diced and desseded
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Shredded Monterey Cheese
- 2 Cup Frozen Sweet Yellow Corn thawed
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt more to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place rice in a fine-mesh strainer and rinse under cold water until water runs clear. Bring water, rice, and 1 teaspoon of salt to a boil in medium saucepan. Once rice comes to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 12 minutes. Remove from heat and let steam, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
In a large sauté pan, melt butter over low-medium heat. Add onions, jalapeño and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stirring occasionally, cook until soft 12-15 minutes, onions should be translucent with no color.
Add corn to onions and jalapeño and cook for 5 minutes. Follow with cooked rice and sour cream combine, taste for salt, add more to taste.
Add rice mixture to a casserole and top with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!