Spicy Plant-Based Nacho Cheese
- 1 Cup Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 Cup Carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 Cup Raw, Unsalted Cashews soaked over night
- 5 Tbsp Vinegar of Pickeled Jalapeños
- 1 Tbsp Adobo Sauce from chipotle can
- 2 Chipotle Pepper to taste
- 1 Garlic peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 Small Sweet Onion sliced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 3 Tbsp Avocado oil
- Sea Salt to taste
In a small sauce pan cover the potato and carrot with water and bring to a boil cook until tender (about 15 minutes). Remove potatoes and carrots and save the water don't toss, set aside.
For the onion sauté with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and a pinch of salt over low-medium heat, cook for 5-8 minutes, then stir in the garlic until fragrant about 1 minute.
In your blender combine all ingredients, plus 1/3 cup of the reserve potato water and blend until smooth. Add more potato water until desired consistency. Taste and season with salt.
The Vitamix blender will usually will heat up the "cheese" to the perfect temperature while bleeding in high speed. If your blender doesn't do this, transfer to a small sauce pan over low heat. Bring to a simmer about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Server warm with tortilla chips, jalapeños and enjoy!